Successful Enrollment Counselors possess unique communication skills and exhibit core values that effectively engage and inform prospective students via robust phone conversations in an organic, student-focused style, establishing rapport and building trust. In this role, the Enrollment Counselor will have an assigned local Florida territory. The Enrollment Counselor will be responsible for a specific terriority, new FTIC student inquiry processing, local travel, and additional duities as required.
• Are student-centered and driven by the need to help others achieve their educational goals
• Thrive in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a passion for higher education
• Assist prospective students to find the right undergraduate program that meets their needs
• Educate prospective students on possible lifestyle changes, time commitments, technology and study skills required to be a successful online college student
• Exhibit excellent quality service, follow through, and interaction with students and supporting departments in a collaborative manner, ensuring the student is well-prepared to begin their classes
After the Enrollment Counselor achieves initial contact with prospective students they continue to counsel and educate them through the entire enrollment process. The process will include information regarding registration, ordering books, technology setup and introductions to fellow team members who will assist them with financial questions and academic advice.
As the primary contact the Enrollment Counselor is responsible for a positive new student experience by building a relationship with the student and answering questions regarding degree requirements, program research, policies, and procedures.
As part of a high performing team Enrollment Counselors must: